Thursday, March 22, 2012

I {heart} City Farmhouse



I am back today with another of my favorite places in Tennessee!

City Farmhouse. (even the name is cool, no?)

My hubs now refers to this shop as 'where the Urban Farmgirl would live'. Get it?

City. Farmhouse. Oh, he thinks he is sooo funny. But I love it so much, I would move in if I could!

This time we are in Franklin, which is right outside Nashville.  If you want to visit the town where you are most likely to be eating lunch at  a table next to Kelli Pickler or Faith Hill...this is it! Most of the country stars live in and around Franklin. It is a charming, quaint and has some SERIOUSLY good shopping! Antiques, boutiques and fabulous restaurants are everywhere!

Before my visit, I had found City Farmhouse on Facebook and through their blog. Kim, the owner sent me a message and told me to be sure to stop by and I am soooo glad I did! Kim and her husband David are two of my very favorite people on this Earth! We talked and talked forever...another blogger-meeting with a happy ending. I just love meeting the people behind the blog! They made me feel so welcome, I can't wait to go back and visit them again!

There store was amazing, so I thought I would take you on a little tour!



I {LOVE} the tractor grill hung on the wall with a light in it! That would be sooo awesome in our media room! David makes those, by the way. 


They carry some of the best painted furniture...but it doesn't stick around long, so if you see a piece you want you have to get it when you see it!


I about died over this door...and yes, it did cross my mind to ask if I could take it off the hinges and take it home with me. I really should start carrying a screwdriver in my purse for such occasions! 

{smile...}



Let's have a closer look, shall we??

{sigh...}




I stared at this old window for a loooong time. Isn't it fantastic? It is so big, and the beveled glass was almost too much. It was ah-ma-zing!





Don't even get me started on this antique table wrapped in old zinc. I want one soooo bad, but it needs to be larger. My hubs would just think I was the coolest wife ever if I brought home one of these for his poker table. 


Love, love, LOVE this chandi! 


And my favorite piece of the whole visit..this old farm table. If I had a way to haul this baby home, I would have. It is really long, maybe 8-10 feet. It would have made an incredible dining table out on my porch. 


City Farmhouse has a ton of architectural salvage, too! Doors, window...all with chippy paint in a rainbow of colors! 


And the lockers?? Well, I have a little 'thing' for lockers, I admit. There were such a cute petite size, perfect for a kids room!


I heard from so many of you after yesterday's post. You either live near Nashville or are planning a trip there, soon. You really MUST take a day to visit Franklin! I will do a longer post tomorrow about their Main Street area where all the boutiques and restaurants are. 

But one of the best things was seeing City Farmhouse, so be sure to stop in...and give Kim a big hug from me!




36 comments:

  1. I think you're planning my next vacation, Tennessee!!! Would love to walk through this store, as well as Vintage Junkie. What beautiful stores. Can't wait to see more pics from around the town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, every room and ever thing is to drool over! I think Tn. is callin my name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I drooled all over my screen looking at these photos! That window! That table!! Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The name is awesome but the shop is freakin' amazing!! How did you not buy everything there?! =) Xo ~Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a fun shop! Lucky girl....what did you come home with?
    xo~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. another amazing shop! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's no wonder why you loved it so much - the pictures are beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us and I'm not terribly far away from Franklin - sounds like a nice lil' summer trip down south for me. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Kim and David! They are so sweet!
    tot

    ReplyDelete
  9. God bless you Mary for sending me to the City Farmhouse FB page and blog! I am already in love with Vintage Junky and now I have a new blog to love! Thank you!

    Rachel
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have lived just outside of Franklin for about 6 yrs, and you are introducing me to some great new stores.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, everything looks incredible--I want it all! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another spot to add to my "must travel to visit" list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just posted about my trip to Franklin on my blog. I lived in Nashville for a year and never went to downtown Franklin. I also went to Leiper's Fork (LOVE). I have never felt more at home. Told my husband I wanted to live there! After visiting City Farmhouse and the antique store next door, I cried going back to our cabin. I can't believe I am telling anyone else that, but I was just in Heaven! I have already been bugging the hubby when can we go back, and it has not even been a week! If you get a chance check out my blog post I think you will like the first picture! Love your blog! Can't wait to see where else you went!

    ReplyDelete
  14. um, yes, that IS where Urban Farmgirl would live! can i be your roomie??
    that tractor grill light and blue door kick some serious vintage a** !!!
    such incredible pieces in that shop...i am just swooning over here...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the name..Love the store..Love it all..

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a beautiful store - love the light wood floors and colors and everything! Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mary, I feel like sending you flowers!!!!!!!! You are awesome!! your husband is a funny guy. We loved hanging out with the both of you. Thanks so much for this amazing post!!! Your pictures are great!! I am going to link it on my fb page. Can't wait to see you again!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Mary, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Are you kidding me with this store? I can't believe all the ridiculously amazing finds they have!! I've been junking for a long time and I don't come across that kind of stuff very often. Their place is filled with it! I cannot wait to visit this shop! Yes, I am going. I just decided. The tractor grill...wow. So COOL!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gosh...what a great store!!!!
    Wish I did live closer!! Sigh!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  21. I feel the need to go shopping now!! I am in LOVE with the blue door. Great post~Angie

    ReplyDelete
  22. You always find the most amazing places...man how I wish we could junk together...and yes, that blue door is amazing...and the pale yellow farm table id amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, I would go crazy there! Absolutely gorgeous stuff.
    Happy Friday~
    T

    ReplyDelete
  24. I wish I lived closer and could shop there, I love that window too, would scoop that up in a flash, beautiful beautiful store, love it

    ReplyDelete
  25. Je suis certaine que je pourrais trouver ma vie chez vous !...
    Je me suis agréablement promenée dans votre blog.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMGosh...Wow this is just a stunning place...Blessings Lori

    ReplyDelete
  27. O-M-G!!!! I am so envious you got to shop there! I would haul that farm table home in a heartbeat if it would fit in my house and I lived closer! LOL That window is so gorgeous too :o) Oh to dream.....
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  28. This place is amazing...a little bit of heaven on earth!!
    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. oh mary that looks like an awesome shop. i wouldn't want to leave. franklin is the cutest town. i would move there in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my! I loved it all too~esp the chandy!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I just did a Franklin post, too! How fun! I wish I had know about this place! I'll be sure to stop in next time I'm there! Dreaming about a move from Houston to Franklin! :)
    xo,
    Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  32. IT'S REALLY WONDERFUL BLOG ALSO " I LIKE IT "


    THANKS FOR SHARING VERY GOOD INFO.

    ReplyDelete